These Facebook groups should give you some indication of the perception of this misguided solution.
- No Australian Internet Censorship
- We Won’t Accept It – No To Mandatory Internet Censorship In Australia
- No Cleen Feed
- People against mandatory internet filters in Australia
- Rational Voters against heavy-handed internet filtering.
- Australian ISP filtering plan is stupid!
- Australians against Labor’s Internet censorship plans
The solution being offered will not solve the problem described – being seen to do anything despite its destructive impact on an already fragile internet infrastructure, is counter-intuitive to good government.There have to be better options.Australians are already contacting their ISPs and opting out even before it is implemented.
And more news arising – the proposed opt-out is already being watered down
Once again, Conroy seems to be adopting the approach that anyone who questions this policy is somehow a closet paedophile.
This is obviously the result of lobbying – it can be stopped with a grass roots rejection of the solution offered.
See this feature article by Michael Meloni and check the comments.
Blogged with the Flock Browser